How Do I Choose A Wig For Hair Loss
Women who are losing their hair due to alopecia areta (hair loss due to hormonal or genetic problems) or women who have dealt with medical procedures such as chemotherapy, which unfortunately tends to cause hair to fall out, face a frightening challenge. Where do they find a wig store? What makes a qualified professional wig shop? Is a local wig boutique the best answer for the ideal wig? How do you choose the best wig store? Until they experience hair loss, women never realize just how much a part of their womanhood is connected with their hair. After all, while men have the same experiences, it is now generally accepted for men to go hairless, even at a young age, and often by choice. So a local wig store, particularly a professional wig shop, is a new frontier for women. Choosing the best wig store can help women deal with hair loss problems. When women experience hair loss, most of them aren’t trained to deal with a wig like they are with most other items of personal attire. For this reason, they go to a professional wig shop. A wig professional can help a woman choose the ideal wig for her facial structure, one that fits her face, and her body structure.
A qualified local wig shop can also answer vital questions that come rushing immediately, such as:
- Where do you buy a wig?
- Are there different types of wigs?
- Are wigs difficult to wear and look natural?
- Can a woman take a wig to a hairdresser and have it customized?
- Are there essential tips for wearing a wig?
Here are a few answers.
Wigs are best bought at an actual wig store.People can buy a wig from many sources. The best solution for a custom wig is to buy from a wig salon, providing all your options. Visiting a wig salon is best because they have licensed cosmetologists, perfect for first-time buyers.
There are both actual real hair wigs and synthetic wigs.A natural hair wig will be more expensive, usually will cost between $300 to over $1000. Synthetic wigs tend to run less depending on the brand.
Other Questions When Choosing A Wig
Are wigs difficult to wear and look natural?
- No, if they fit well. Most women will shave their hair with an electric razor so that the wig has a better fit. But the proper fit is key.
Can a woman take a wig to a hairdresser and have it customized?
- Absolutely, and it is highly recommended that they do so. Most wig boutiques provide their own customization for a woman.
Do wigs itch?
- Yes, they can, which is why most women will wear a stocking skull cap underneath.